Guidelines on Improving One’s Sleeping Habits
Do you know how quality bedding and mattress, like The Mattress Nerd, can help us in enhancing our sleep? If you are among those who had trouble in achieving quality sleep, then continue reading this article.
Researchers found that there are more than a third of the American adult population who failed to get quality and enough sleep at night. This figures are shocking because we all know how important quality sleep is in our mental and physical well-being. Should you belong to this group, then you are advised to purchase quality mattresses, such as The Mattress Nerd.
Without quality sleep, we feel less efficient, tired and absent. These are the reasons why here are lots of men and women out there who invest in quality mattresses, like The Mattress Nerd. Aside from buying this kind of mattress, like The Mattress Nerd, you can also follow the tips detailed below.
Guidelines on How We Can Enhance Our Sleeping Hygiene
1. Make sure you don’t take a nap at noon. Some of us had the habit of taking a short nap in the afternoon but this will also prevent us from getting quality sleep at night.
2. It is suggested that you find your body’s ideal temperature because once the temperature of our bodies decline, it makes us fall asleep. For these reasons, be sure to have the proper ventilation in your room so as to help you fall asleep early and to achieve quality sleep at night.
3. Be sure you will not exercise prior to going to bed. Aside from making you sweat a lot, it will also increase the temperature of your body. Remember that you will sleep better once your body is relaxed and cooler. That is why, you should reschedule your exercise in the morning.
4. It is also suggested that you purchase and own good quality mattress, like The Mattress Nerd. Remember that poor quality mattresses will not only impact your posture and pain levels but also your mood and quality of sleep.
5. Make sure that you follow a certain nighttime routine
6. Make sure that you avoid eating huge dinners because it will not just make you feel bloated but will also hinder you from achieving good sleep at night.
7. Limit your coffee intake in the evening. Aside from keeping you awake, it will also prevent you from achieving quality sleep.
8. It is also suggested that you ditch beer and other alcoholic drinks if you want to sleep early.
9. Make sure that you turn the lights off when you go to bed to signal our bodies to start producing the sleep-regulating hormones, melatonin.